Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're back up now!
Nettalk says they have technicians working the issue since it started. If I get any further info I'll let you know.

Hey, it's back up now! Just tried calling out and it works ok.
~BC
Mine just started working again after a reboot and the light is a steady green. Hope it stays that way!
Nettalk back up at 3:45pm EST. The question is: for how long.
I did get an update that it had something to do with maintenance. The good news is, there are improvements in the works.
~BC
(12-11-2016, 05:30 PM)B.C. Wrote: I did get an update that it had something to do with maintenance. The good news is, there are improvements in the works.

Thanks for the update.

"In the works" is rather ambiguous if that came from Nettalk. Unless Nettalk can provide specifics on precisely what improvements they intend to make to stabilize their service, it's all promises, promises ....

My guess is that they're not going to offer specifics on how they intend to improve their service so that these hours-long outages will not continue to plague the system in the future.
My phone has been "dead" silent since I've renewed my plan on December 2nd... I've received numerous "private messages" on Facebook from people trying to call me: they say it rings twice, then the line gets cut off.

I've rebooted my NetTalk" device 3 times since last night. Same thing happens: people CANNOT reach me at all. But, when I try to "call myself" from the same phone, I hear the incoming call beep and I can see the caller id, which is me. So I don't know why people's calls get cut off.

I've also tried to do outgoing calls, but have to hang-up and re-dial about 4 times before a call goes through, as my calls don't seem to reach the server.

Hopefully, this has nothing to do with the "annual" problem NetTalk has gone through for 3 consecutive years...(which people got either new phone numbers OR additional free months)?
Is anyone still having problems with Nettalk services today?

I have tried dialing out today (various phone numbers). Get a dial tone, call audibly dials out, but some calls just don't connect ... maybe 50% do and 50% don't. After the dial out ... nothing.

I would say the problems Nettalk has been experiencing over the past 5 days haven't been fully resolved yet.

(12-12-2016, 06:06 PM)jmenardmtl Wrote: My phone has been "dead" silent since I've renewed my plan on December 2nd...  I've received numerous "private messages" on Facebook from people trying to call me:  they say it rings twice, then the line gets cut off.

I've rebooted my NetTalk" device 3 times since last night.  Same thing happens:  people CANNOT reach me at all.  But, when I try to "call myself" from the same phone, I hear the incoming call beep and I can see the caller id, which is me.  So I don't know why people's calls get cut off.

I've also tried to do outgoing calls, but have to hang-up and re-dial about 4 times before a call goes through, as my calls don't seem to reach the server.

Hopefully, this has nothing to do with the "annual" problem NetTalk has gone through for 3 consecutive years...(which people got either new phone numbers OR additional free months)?

I'm having similar problems as I previously posted. Same thing with some of my incoming calls as people have told me ... sometimes their calls get through to me, sometimes they don't. Their calls ring and then they get cut off.

I also can call myself and get the incoming beep and see my own caller ID, but calls to me from outside are not getting through.
I don't know about incoming calls to my nettalk phone, but I did some outgoing test calls. I just did 10 calls to a 1-877 number and 5 went thru ok and 5 failed with no-ring/long pause/busy. I also did 10 test calls to local number and 7 went thru ok and 3 failed with nr/pause/busy. This is a little worse than normal but not a lot from my experience. Typically call completion is worse during busier periods (daytime) and better later in the evening.
~BC
Hey Everyone,

We have been experiencing some issues this past week due to system upgrades across the board. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have cause and I will be updating all of you of any other maintenance windows that will pop up.

Thank you for your patience

Javier
(12-13-2016, 04:20 PM)javier.nettalk Wrote: Hey Everyone,

We have been experiencing some issues this past week due to system upgrades across the board. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have cause and I will be updating all of you of any other maintenance windows that will pop up.

Thank you for your patience

Javier

That's a step in the right direction if that does in fact prove true. We'll see.

To their credit, I see that Nettalk did extend my renewal period for 7 days beyond it's previous expiration date.