Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
call drops after 15 minutes
Has anyone had a call drop consistently after 15 minutes? I have checked everything on the router and even talked to Windstream, they claim it's not on their end. Does anyone have any ideas why this suddenly started happening?
Hi Dennis,

We have had calls drop a couple times lately, maybe around the 15min mark, but I thought it could have been related to my router. I also have experienced a few 'no dial tones' and had to reset the duo. I will see if I can do some tests and report back here.

Thanks,
~BC
OK, here are the results of two test calls I just made in the last hour.  I made two test calls to a test number in Toronto and both calls dropped after almost exactly 30mins.  Can someone else please post a reply if they are having this issue as well?  I will try some more test calls this afternoon and will give you another update this eve.

Thanks

March 14th/17

I wanted to correct this post of mine which was originally posted on Mar 8th. The test calls I made above were made to a test number which appears to automatically disconnect calls after 30mins, so this is not a dropped call issue. Still, the calls did last 30mins which is longer than the 15mins that users are experiencing with dropped calls.
~BC
Same here. All calls are being dropped after 15 minutes (incoming and outgoing), on the mark. When I've received the e-mail a few weeks ago from NetTalk saying they were upgrading their servers, etc, I thought to myself that the issue would be resolved. The dropped calls have been going on for the past 5 months, and nothing CHANGED since the server upgrade! Resets and whatnots have been done, and my Internet Speed has been 50mbps dl for the past 2 years - so this problem isn't on MY end!

Moreover, when I try to contact back the person right after the call dropped, it rings, but I doubt my call is being directed to the dialed number, as it rings endlessly...and I find it odd as the number I'm calling is a cellphone and has voicemail. I noticed also that I since the server upgrade, I do not have the "call-waiting" feature anymore......... What's going on, NetTalk? Sad
We had another call drop around the 15min mark this morning around 11am PST. I just did two test calls, 30mins and 17.5mins to two different numbers and both were OK. I don't know what is going on, but the issue may be intermittent which is worst kind of trouble to isolate. We've had 3 or 4 calls drop so far in March and maybe a couple in late Feb. I'm hesitant to initiate a trouble report to nettalk over this until we can somehow confirm this is happening with all users, or a select few users, or maybe just users in Canada like myself. Please post an update for us if you've had this issue lately and if you are located in Canada or USA. Thanks.
~BC
mine are dropping 12-15 mins lately.  call drops used to only happen during marathon calls >120 min.
I was on a call a couple hours ago and it dropped just at the 15min mark. This is a reoccuring issue that needs attention it appears. If I remember, I will open up a chat session tomorrow to have Nettalk look into it.
Thanks,
~BC
I did a 20min test call this morning and it was OK. There is maintenance happening on the system tonight, so I won't start a chat session on the call drop issue just yet. Hopefully the maint being done will fix the problem.
~BC