Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Call Waiting" feature
Since the server upgrade, I've had to change my voicemail greetings etc, which is ok.  But what about the Call Waiting feature?  A few people complained that they tried calling me during a specific time, and they ended up in my voicemail directly - I know they called while I was already on the phone, and never heard the "Call Waiting Beep".

To be sure, I called myself like I used to in the past to test my phone.  Well, my phone doesn't ring at all and it goes straight to the "Unavailable Greetings' voicemail".

What's happening NetTalk?  Have you removed the call waiting feature without prior notice?

Thank you for your prompt response to this matter.
i am also having problems with nettalk able to leave voice mail messages.  nettalk is not recognizing answering machines, automated answering system at my vet's office, people's unattended cell phones, automated answering doctor's office.  i only hear ringing, others say they hear answering machines start or even try to pick up the call. this is looking to be more than a minor inconvenience. calling 911 in my part of the world goes to an automated system first.  any ideas?  i have made no system changes.
A few days ago I did notice that call waiting was working for me. I was on the phone, then heard the beeping in background to notify that someone else was calling me. last week I had an incoming call issue where people would call us, our phone would ring, but when we picked up the handset to answer the call, nobody was there. Our answering machine would also try to answer the call but it wouldn't work either. I had to open a chat session to have nettalk fix an issue with my account related to the upgrade or maintenance they did on the system. The good thing was that they fixed the issue in about 3 or 4 hours, which was fantastic service.

Sam, you may have the same incoming call issue I had, and if that is the case then it's best to open a chat session to have nettalk look into it.

Thanks,
~BC
(03-15-2017, 12:21 PM)B.C. Wrote: A few days ago I did notice that call waiting was working for me.  I was on the phone, then heard the beeping in background to notify that someone else was calling me.  last week I had an incoming call issue where people would call us, our phone would ring, but when we picked up the handset to answer the call, nobody was there.  Our answering machine would also try to answer the call but it wouldn't work either.  I had to open a chat session to have nettalk fix an issue with my account related to the upgrade or maintenance they did on the system.  The good thing was that they fixed the issue in about 3 or 4 hours, which was fantastic service.

Sam, you may have the same incoming call issue I had, and if that is the case then it's best to open a chat session to have nettalk look into it.

Thanks,

thanx for your reply.  i am unable to start a chat after i logged into my nettalk account.  sign me, still searching.
(03-15-2017, 02:17 PM)sam1962 Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 12:21 PM)B.C. Wrote: A few days ago I did notice that call waiting was working for me.  I was on the phone, then heard the beeping in background to notify that someone else was calling me.  last week I had an incoming call issue where people would call us, our phone would ring, but when we picked up the handset to answer the call, nobody was there.  Our answering machine would also try to answer the call but it wouldn't work either.  I had to open a chat session to have nettalk fix an issue with my account related to the upgrade or maintenance they did on the system.  The good thing was that they fixed the issue in about 3 or 4 hours, which was fantastic service.

Thanks,

thanx for your reply.  i am unable to start a chat after i logged into my nettalk account.  sign me, still searching.

You are unable to start a chat? What happens when you try? Are you logging into the Connect Portal https://nettalkconnect.com/user/login/ ? I am able to access the chat with no problems.
~BC