Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone App: Questions and Feature requests.
I don't know if there's another place to post about bugs and features for the iPhone app. Please let me know if there is. 

- Is it possible to choose a custom ring tone? I can't see this as a feature or preference. 
- What do the different colours represent in the address book? Mostly they're yellow, clear and sometimes green or pink.
Hey nga

I added a section to the APP Category in which you can report bugs.

You can change the app ringtones/notifications under Settings > Notification Sound (or Phone Ringtone) on the Messaging app and Talk app respectively. As for the contact colors, there is nothing significant about them since they are based on the initials of the contact.

Javier
(03-07-2016, 12:22 PM)javier.nettalk Wrote: Hey nga

I added a section to the APP Category in which you can report bugs.

You can change the app ringtones/notifications under Settings > Notification Sound (or Phone Ringtone) on the Messaging app and Talk app respectively. As for the contact colors, there is nothing significant about them since they are based on the initials of the contact.

Javier

Thanks for your response Javier. I've looked at the Settings > Notification options. Sounds can be enabled or disabled, but a different sound can not be assigned. The Settings > Sounds options do not show the Talk app. It does show things like: New Voicemail, Calendar Alerts, etc., but not Talk.
Hey nga,

Are you on iOS or Android?

Javier
(03-09-2016, 04:37 PM)javier.nettalk Wrote: Hey nga,

Javier

iOS. iPhone 6s 9.2.1.
(03-09-2016, 05:04 PM)nga Wrote:
(03-09-2016, 04:37 PM)javier.nettalk Wrote: Hey nga,

Javier

iOS. iPhone 6s 9.2.1.

I was looking at this again this morning. If I turn off "Sounds" inside the Talk app notifications it still rings. The app also doesn't respect the mute switch. So it makes an audible ring even when the mute switch is on. There's just no possible way I can see to not have the risk of this ringing at an inopportune moment.