Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call disconnects
This may not be a bug per se, but something to get the new bug forum working. 

A few days ago a call was disconnected when another apps sent an alert. I just tried, unsuccessfully, to reproduce this effect. Here's what happened. I was on a call on an LTE network and was approaching my house. I have a door bell that alerts my phone when there is motion at the front door (ring.com). The call disconnected when the door bell motion detector sent an alert to my phone. 

I just tried to reproduce this with a call from the Talk app by initiating a call and deliberately ringing the door bell. The call didn't disconnect. I tried this with a call from my iPhone on WiFi and another on LTE and both allowed the door bell alert without disconnecting the call. So either there's a bug when it's switching from LTE to WiFi at the same time as an alert comes it it disconnects. Or it was just a weird coincidence.

edit: 
Just testing walking up to the house while on a call. It did disconnect as soon I pushed the home button after the door bell had displayed it's notification on the home screen.
Could your WiFi be connecting at roughly the same time because the sudden change of networks could be causing the call disconnect.

Javier
(03-10-2016, 12:07 PM)javier.nettalk Wrote: Could your WiFi be connecting at roughly the same time because the sudden change of networks could be causing the call disconnect.

Javier

Yes, I think this is likely what's happening. It's transferring the call from LTE to WiFi and the call is dropping. It doesn't seem to be a problem except when another process is also trying to send a notification at the same time.